Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I just don’t feel completely in control. I think that the 'Cube games had perfect controls, and much more freedom.

And if green evolves into blue, should it still be my favorite color? I don’t hate blue, I’m just concerned about the future of my beloved green.

Actually, I think that Kenji pulled through on this one-- some new atmospheric music mixed in with the old stuff. Sure, a few remixes would have been nice, but it’s all good.

Well, Phazite is said to be made from Phazon, and there’s Red Phazite, described as a very rare version. So while I don’t believe red Phazon itself makes an appearance, its origins are implied as simply a rare mutation or something.

I don’t like how much they revealed about the Fed. :frowning:

I liked it when they were just in the background and were mysterious. Now we learn a little too much about them.

<.< I’m looking for the SA right now. My pet peeve right now is that Ghor was a little too easy for me. Guess I’ll have to try Veteran eventually Oh well >.<

Oh who else got pwnt by Mogenar D:

Well I don’t know what phazite is, but I’d rather not have it spoiled for me.

But does it explain Metroid’s relation to phazon? Do we learn about the origins of metroid prime and stuff?

Is metroid prime even really a metroid?

By the way, you guys should realy click this.

Kinda. There’s one scan late in the game that’s very fucking hard to get thanks to the way the aiming system works, that explains exactly what happens after a Leviathan lands, and implies that what happened on Tallon IV was this:

MASSIVE SPOILERS FOLLOW:

The Worm in the chozo lores was not Metroid Prime. It was a Leviathan larva. Somehow, it got its hands on a metroid (perhaps the chozo used it to combat the invader, or perhaps they brought some with them to Tallon IV by chance) and transformed it into a guardian for its Seed, as they tend to take a “local predator” for this purpose. It is not explained whether this occurs before or after the Chozo form their shields around it, but Prime exoskeletons are found around the larvas lair late in the game.

Yes, EXACTLY.

That’s actually a very satisfying answer. I’m glad they didn’t screw that up.

So the Chozo must have had metroids on Tallon IV before the space pirates arrived.

So whenever a planet is corrupted by a leviathen, it takes a local life form, and mutates it?

But are these creatures the equivalent of the prime Exo, or prime essense?

The essence was its true form, but I’m not sure where the exoskeleton came from. Scans in the first game implied they were pirate-made, but there are no pirates on Phaaze, so why would exoskeletons be there?

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]

Well I assume that the exoskeleton itself is part of the Leviathen, but it’s beam attacks/missles etc… came from the pirates.

Mabye it absorbing the weapons and stuff made it grow faster, but i twould have eventually reached that point.

EDIT:
HERE WE GO. So here’s SOLID proof that Aurora units are based on Motherbrain. Found on Wikipedia, though it’s clearly somewhere in the game.

Double edit:
I’d also like to say that I watched the video, and I’m SURE this is the Delano 7. The design is slightly different, but it’s clearly the same ship.

MASSIVE SPOILERS****************************

Beat it finally. I had to leave on a 5-day trip to New Haven when I only had about 3 hours left in the game. >_<

Here are my thoughts:

Yeah. They really should have stopped showing those after the first few times, because it’s not that hard to figure out on your own. I also thought the entire game was ridiculously easy, and it was one of those games where, knowing that I will never see it normally, I die on purpose just to witness what happens. But I suppose that’s what I get for playing in normal mode for my first playthrough.

More seriously, now:

Yay.

The good news is, I have the game, and the guide (though I dont plan to use/abuse it the first run through).

edit:
The game feels amazing.

I just beat the Bezerker Lord. It’s fun, and it feels intuitive (I have redsteel, so I stepped into the shoes easily).

I just have on complaint…THAT STUPID JUGGLING GAME!!!

I can’t seem to get 20 juggles. I got up to 19 once, and 10 minutes later, I couldn’t beat it. >_<
I’ve reset a couple times so it wont affect my end time.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic

I’m not sure where this falls in the topic…

Well, if you use the X-Ray visor, the Nova Beam can OHKO Commandos. That’s pretty much the only way to do the last room with no losses. As for the rest, just be strategic with your use of the Hyper Mode and remember that there is plenty of health in boxes. Try to go Corrupt as often as possible and let it last the full 25 seconds to get the most out of it.

It’s no longer the current strip.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/09/05

Holy crap guy Hyper-mode is fuckhard. Rundas is near impossible if you can’t shoot out his Thardus-style ice chunks. I’m stuck on Helios <_>
Hyper mode Difficulty is just that, you must master every aspect of hyper-mode to even have a slight chance of surviving.

Wait, so are you STUCK in hypermode the whole time? Or is it just fricken hard.

Anyway, I just beat Rundas, and the battle was fricken awsome. The music, and the ice effects really created an awsome feeling. The way he runs looks kinda funny though.

But after I beat him, it just felt like a waste of a cool character. They really didn’t give the hunters a chance to be anyone.

Also, I don’t like the way they edited the original corruption scene. In the original one dark samus shocked everybody while they were on the ground and stuff. It felt a little underdramatic.

Ugh. Those images of the real Delano 7 on the right are so blurred that you can hardly even tell that they’re totally different.

Here, let’s use the actual model.
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/37/dela…tdelano7hj7.png
Yes, it looks like they’re facing opposite directions and therefore look a little more different than they should. But still. If those colors and that design could be considered Sylux’s ship, then it could really be anybody’s ship. Rundas, Ghor, Dark Samus, or Weavel could just as fittingly be the pilot…