PORTAL

So who’s played Portal?
If you haven’t, it’s basically the best game ever made, except it’s like 2 hours long… more if you’re stupid.
If you have, what is, in your opinion, the coolest trick in the game?
I like portaling behind a turret and picking it up, then carrying around and listening to it complain.

Speaking of which, how hilarious is that game?
“Please note, we have added a consequence for failure. Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official testing record, followed by death. Good luck.”
“There was even going to be a party for you. A big party that all your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend the companion cube. Of course, he couldn’t come because you MURDERED HIM. All your other friends couldn’t come either because you don’t have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. Unlikable, it says so here in your personnel file: Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter, unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned. SHALL. NOT. BE. MOURNED. That’s exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you’re adopted, so that’s funny too.”
“The Enrichment Center is required to remind you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake.”

And, of course, “I don’t hate you.”

pm me your steam account so i can get it. PLEASE :smiley: :smiley: :whack: i played it on gmod 9 and it ROCKS

Ah, yes, Portal. The reason for the Orange Box’s continued existance, and quite possibly the best idea ever to be spawned by people working for Valve. Unfortunately short, this game deserves, nay, DEMANDS a sequel–or at least an expansion. Completely worth the 20$.

Personal fave to do? Prolly, just messing around with the turrets in the following manner: Portal behind, then put a portal infront of it, then when it locks on, move. It shoops itself, and then there’s one less gun. Alternatively, putting a ceiling-floor portal to keep the thingy falling for ever and ever and ever…

But the best and I mean BEST, part? GlaDOS sings the end theme. As soon as I find the file, that’s going on my ipod.

Of course, you could always just get the HL2 maps and plug them in to Portal to use the ASHHPD–aka the “Portal Gun”–against the Combine.

VGCats did a comic on the game, which is win.

If only there were a way to save the CCube… :cry:

Well, if you want more portal action, try Narbacular Drop–it’s by the same team, just before they joined Valve, and uses the same style of gameplay.

It’s quite short, but it’s the closest thing to a prequel/sequel we have for the time being.

It’s also free.

I played through Portal the other day. I’m very glad I did. :smiley:

I played through Narbacular Drop for Dazzy, and it’s the same thing, but very buggy, not nearly as awesome, and obviously made by amateurs. Don’t settle for just having played that, and don’t use it to judge how fun portal is.

Amateurs? It’s by the same damn team.

LMAO

This game is so win! The credits where ?ber satisfying too.
And VGCats did 2 comics on Portal btw.
This one = desktop background =3
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=250

Narb-Drop was made by amatuers, though.
They gained waay more experience in making it, and had more time for Portal.

My current hardware can’t take the Orange-Box, but my new one (Christmax, yay!) can! I’ve been playing Narb-Drop quite a bit, it’s incredibly original and fresh in every new level, though really quite buggy.
I hope that NMS (The dev-team) got an outstanding grade for it.

Valve aren’t amateurs. They became non-amateurs after they joined a huge company and got a 15 billion dollar budget <_<

i just found a flash game of portal

http://www.addictinggames.com/portalflashversion.html

Yeah, that’s a great game.
Wish it had a level-editor, thoguh.

what company? steam?

No, Valve.

Steam isn’t a company, it’s a program.

So I finally acquired Portal through a completely bizarre set of events of questionable legality because Valve screwed up.

This game kicks ass.

Confusing as hell at times, though.

And that robot voice girl person thing kicks ass.

I thougt Steam checked your ‘legality’ before startup?
In any cade, Christms can’t come fast enough! :frowning:

GLaDOS, Daz.

Well, I do have a legal CD key. I just… don’t really know where it came from. My friend’s box had two in it >_>

I just had to do this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wojtqhHTOE

Hehe!
I like the companion cubes.
Can I have a CC?