*****Official "Hi I'm New!" Topic*****

… I must have the wrong codec or something because all I get is a black screen with no sounds. =/

Well, far as I can tell the video has no sound either way. >_>

Damn. >_<

I have to say, Dazzy, it would be much better for morale if we could see the sprites. It’s not like they’d fit with another style, and I’m sure you could do something to the images to stop nicking, like a small motion blur, or something like that.

So watch the video.

Trust me. The kind of morons who steal sprites don’t know enough about spriting to know not to mix styles anyway. I’ve had serious issues with my pirates getting nabbed repeatedly. MH has had his Samus plastered all over google and put in random noobs’ deviantArts. I’ve even seen people using our sentry drones and scarabs without our permission.

Hell, if people think our Samus is a Super Metroid recolor, they must be at least passably similar in style.

The worst by far was someone stealing our Metroid Prime Exoskeleton (or at least one of the older ones) and claiming he was making P2D by himself…

Super Metroid recolor? They aren’t even the same size…

Hi?

Yo. Sup?

Yo, welcome.

Hi, I’m new! =P
LOL.

LMAO

Hey, retty.
If you say anything about XHTML-validity here…

Well hello there, where’s the YZ?

Hey this site isn’t valid XHTML! XD
@etd: I like to switch between Retro, RetroX, and RetroXYZ. I just register whatever one I like. Usually Retro is taken, so I register RetroX or RetroXYZ.

So I’m not the only person who has a handful of interchangeable names!

Some of my previous aliases include Fireliner (gawd-awful m i rite?), Impasse, FatalError, TheGlitch, and of course Transitional. Dr Tran was also recently added to the list when someone gave me the nick in a scientifical discussion about perpetual motion devices.

So yes, I am new here. Hallo and I hope that I can contribute somehow.

Areas of expertise:
-Spriting (sorta)
-MIDI creation
-Programming
-General art (backgrounds, cutscenes, etc.) (not to be confused with spriting)

Or should I have posted that last bit in the Recruiting thread? I always get so confused >.>

Yeah, I’m a good spriter, sorta good MIDI composer, great programmer, but art is not my thing.

hi guise, i’m new.

when is demo came out? :sunglasses:

'Lo.

Um… try not to mix tenses in your sentences, it doesn’t really work.

Pertaining to your question, there’s a link to the most recent build demo at the beginning of the Demo Suggestions thread (or something like that) on the Ideas and Comments board.

…Dee?

If that’s you, then what the bloody heck. If it isn’t, still, what the bloody heck.