Wii retardation

I’ve supported a 50 pound weight from the original strap, I don’t get what people are doing to make them break…

letting go of the remote while playing bowling/baseball?

But there is no way ANYBODY should be applying more than 50 pounds of force when bowling. And you shouldn’t let go. :stuck_out_tongue:

Physics, Zurg. They aren’t applying 50 pounds of force, but when they accidentally let go of that thing when taking a swing at a virtual baseball, I’m thinking it can get pretty fast.

@Liks, I have had mine up since I first got it, but it did make that weird rattling sound in winter of last year…The main issue I think I had is that I would leave the disc in the Wii when I would turn it off. That put a lot of strain on the drive, I’m thinking, because it had to hold the disc in place constantly.

The issue that the Wii has is it’s a lot smaller than the Gamecube, and even a little more dynamic because it uses a bigger disc. The Gamecube held the discs in the traditional horizontal format, whereas the Wii can hold the discs vertically and horizontally. I personally think that when the disc is held vertically, it puts more strain on the drive.

So I think that’s the issue here, but I dunno. It could’ve just been my Wii, which I sent in and got repaired not too long ago.

But the thing is, Wii remotes are so light, the speed it would have to be traveling at in order to snap the strap is insane.

stationary 50lbs vs acceleration due to momentum, the latter is more powerful regardless of how light the damn thing is.

But weight is just as important to force as speed. A feather traveling at 100 mph isn’t going to have as much force as a 1-ton truck traveling at 50.

yeah but you’re comparison is a ginormous hyperbole, a Wiimote with batteries weighs in at about 3 Lbs, and a 50Lbs weight is 50 Lbs (duh) a feather is really fuckin light, and 1 ton is like…a freakin ton (which incidentally is heavier in metric :smiley:.) and as a result the difference is much less extreme that the scenario you proposed, and thus, people managed to break the old wrist straps. (It really didn’t help that they were using realistic force on the fucking game, even more perplexing when you realize that this whole fiasco was before motionplus) /walloftext

Yeah I hate my Wii.
It turns off when it ain’t supposed to. Not even a red light. I have to unplug it and plug it back in if I want to turn it back on.
Wait…don’t leave…the Wii hating continues!!
I noticed I haven’t yet beaten StarFox64 with any high scores. So I beat it. GUESS WHAT HAPPENS AS SOON AS I HIT THE CREDITS??? D<

1 Kilogram (Kg) = 2.2 Imperial Pounds
1000 Kg = 1 Metric ton.
1 Imperial ton = 1016 Kg.

How the fuck do you survive without the metric system?

Oh looky here! This stick is three quarters of an inch longer than that one!
Is that easier than: Oh looky here! This stick is 1,9 cm longer than that one!?

There is a reason why the military and scientists use the metric system.

Agreed. It frustrates me that I live in a country where the Metric system is not used (or even taught, for that matter).

And I get frustrated when I at work have to convert inches to centimeters and vice versa (that’s latin dudes. I’m so talanted that I sometimes forget what a prodigy I am.) in my head.

30cm CC? that is 11.8" center to center. You put the nails in the center of the boards. when you lay floors (don’t know if it’s correct english but that’s how we say it in swedish. Ah. Fuck it. You know what I mean. And if you dont you suck). And tha nails are measured in inches as well. I still get confused some times when I must use both ways to measure stuff.

1000 ?m (mikrometers) = 1mm.
10 mm (millimeters) = 1 cm.
10 cm (centimeters) = 1 dm.
10 dm (decimeters) = 1m.
100 m (meters) = 1 hm.
10 hm (hektometer) = 1 km.
10 km (kilometers) = 1 metric mile.

This is how we all should measure the world.
And wow. I’m off topic again. I suck. :frowning:

edit:

This dude is a swede. His accent sounds homosexual because he comes from Stockholm so never mind that. And yeah, make fun of the french, idiot. The metric system IS french! Damn moron. Anyway, take a look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhDtegMoyTQ

12 inches = 1 foot.
3 feet = 1 yard.
22 yards = 1 chain.
10 chains = 1 furlong.
8 furlongs = 1 mile.

That DOES look wierd to me.

What the fuck is a furlong?

See, I live in a country that uses the Imperial system, and I don’t even know half of it.

American Public Education. It teaches you HALF of the measurement system the country uses.

Wikipedia is a good friend of mine that told me that one furlong is 660 feet, 220 yards or 201.168 meters.

It is only used in horse racing in the UK, Ireland, Canada, and the US.

Anyway. I found out that my Wii is retarded. It can’t play DVD’s or CD’s.
I’m used to have custom music playing when I play 360. Ripped from CD, from USB sticks/harddrives or streaming over my network works perfect.

This makes my Wii feel like an old console. Older than the first Xbox.

welcome to wii ownership liks >_> why do you think I buy everything multiplat on 360?

really the wii is like the gamecube : good for the nintendo games and second party exclusives but not much else >_>.

Sounds like you need the homebrew channel. Google it, it’s free. DVDs, burned games, all kinds of stuff. I love it. :smiley:

"To run it you will require:

◦a Wii.
◦a copy of Zelda: Twilight Princess (for Wii, not GameCube) and the Twilight Hack savegame installed, or a Wii that can boot off a DVDR (e.g. with a drivechip).
◦an SD card to store apps you wish to launch
◦(optional) a USBGecko to upload applications to run
◦(optional) a computer on the same network as your Wii, to stream homebrew apps over TCP. (Sourcecode for a simple command-line client is available, as are precompiled binaries for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.)
◦A Wii Remote or Gamecube pad. You can navigate using the WiiMote cursor, WiiMote buttons or a Gamecube controller.
◦Some homebrew correctly organised. go read the included readme file for more specifics on that."

So I need to buy a modchip or Twilight Princess?

Yup. But it’s a good investment for us who only have a Wii. For somebody (read: you) who already has DVD/CD capabilities on a console, it seems like a waste to me.

But isn’t Twilight Princess supposed to be a pretty good game?
Can I play it with the classic controller?

Trust me, if you could play it with CG/Classic Controller I would have own two copies of the game >_>