Pomegranate's "Arts"

is the idle pose good?

i’ll switch the colors back in a second.

is that samus there to show that my shriekbat is too big? i dunno i thought it looked good xD

A shriekbat is actually about half of Samus’ height… so maybe yours is a teeny bit too big?

For a good Shriekbat reference, got to the Space Pirate Frigate, there are some in the tanks, would help you loads.

Really? I remember Ice Shriekbats, but not normal ones…

aww damn… now you tell me after i finish the spinny attack animation xD

Hey, we were making a few of our sprites for P2D bigger than the real ingame ones, because the 2D enemies are just bigger in general (war wasps, metroids, etc)

Also the enemies in the tanks are slightly different in design than the final ones. Based more on the concept art versions and such. Ice shriekbats are just recolors in the end, for instance.

Yeah, normal and ice are in there. And the fun thing is, if you scan them, the scan you get is 100% accurate to the model you’re looking at, so if you can’t see a certain area, the scan can help you a bit. Colors are accurate too, don’t worry about them being in liquid, they aren’t, they’re just floating in tanks. <_<;

Edit : Dazzy’s right about that XD The Shriekbats are the same ones as the ingame ones though, Ice are different.

Scan images are inaccurate very often.

Too true Dazzy, but trust me on those, you can go check yourself, they’re accurate.

so i can keep the current size?

I say keep it, though I may not be the final authority.

2d based attack animation. another ver accurate to the 3d metroids coming soon.

is it just me or does it kinda look choppy to you guys?

oops a couple of frames have the highlights on the red circle coming from the top-right. i’ll fix that…

Hey man, no offense, but before starting to make different posses for it, you should try to make the single idol as accurate to the real Shriekbat as possible. Right now, it’s looking kind’ve plain, inaccurate, and has the wrong colors.

how so?

timaster said to change the color back to my original…
i realize the beige might not belong in there…

inaccuracy? is that because in those screenshots there is some green on the mandables? i based the shape off of the one in my logbook, but i know those can be somewhat unreliable… how should i change the shape, if any?

plain? its a small sprite. what kind of details were you considering i should add?

There’s some details you can’t see in those screens, like I said before : Go to the Frigate and take a look at the ones in the tanks, you’ll get all the details you need from those.

Нэлдыловафждыо!

But um, he’s right, HP. You should look at them in the game, that way you’ll see a lot more than I can show you/tell you about. Shriekbats have a bit of black on them, a bit of gray, a bit of red, and a bit of green. I can’t just tell you what they look like and you’ll get it perfectly right.

better? is it more accurate now?

Needs more spikyness, I think. Here’s an idea: how about I post mine so far, and you make it pretty? Or use it as a reference or something. Mine’s still pretty ugly, but it’s accurate…
EDIT:

Yeah, Tims is good, just needs some color reworkation made up a word <_<; then it’d be perfect. Tim, finish yours, or allow HP to finish it XD

I feel kinda bad for jutting in and ruining HP’s hopes and dreams, though…
You’ll probably still make the team, though, HP, if you do that. And I did technically start before you :confused: