NetMission Engine

Update time!

So I ran into a small snag:

When I first started making this software I had no directory tree in mind, so I did silly things like store all of the animated texture data (which stores only the locations/lengths of frames on a given texture) inside each model file. I also did not realize how large and complicated the model animator program would be, so each program (texture animator, model editor, model animator) had its own idea of how to store, save, and load data.

So the snag is simply that if I want to add a small new feature to texture animations (such as each frame getting its own offset so that you don’t have to grid-align your sprite sheets) I’d have to edit code differently in each program, then change all of my animated texture files (including the local ones inside all of the model files) to the new format. So instead of only fixing this one issue, I’m reorganizing/combining a ton of code to prevent similar issues from happening again. This will take some work, but it will make this animator project smaller, simpler, and easier/faster to work on. Sure, this may have been a preventable long-term mistake, but I’m still learning…

Don’t worry, though. I’ve already run into a few snags like this and they aren’t a problem, and it’ll feel good to reorganize/simplify things. In fact, I would probably have overcome this whole thing already if my (limited) spare time wasn’t being used up by this:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/MP2D/index.php?..dpost&p=7550069
And I think that’s a perfectly acceptable excuse. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: By the way, chagi got it: Upsilon = Omega Pirate.