my spriting topic..yeahh.....

sure, if you wanna help, i made this topic to learn, so yeah…also my sprite officialy has a name and whatnot…

name:drake(how original lol :sweat: )
spieces(spelled wrong):vampire
birthplace: helenski, finland
birthdate:june 6 1866 (6,6,6)
current date:1880’s for drake
height:5’9
weight:144pounds
current location:unknown(also orignal, lol :sweat: ) but belived to still be in finland
current age:well in his 20’s

portrat:coming soon lol

stab
NO JPG’S EVER!

ONLY pngs allowed. If you save as bmp, and upload to imageshack, it’ll automatically save as a png for you, so you don’t even need to worry about that.

It’s coming up soon, BTW.

OMFG wtf is it with people and jpg’s here!? someone please explain!

(the potrat is coming soon…i just need to pick up on lineart again, seeing as i havn’t done that since i moved 2 years agoO_O)

PNG and GIF are “lossless compression.” JPG is “lossy compression.” JPG loses detail due to compression designed for photographs. PNG and GIF do not lose detail when compressing (although color data may be lost by conversion to GIF since it’s 8-bit) because they are designed for small graphics with specific boundaries.

Okay. Timmeh explained well enough, but it’s really pretty obivious.

Jpegs RUIN sprites!!!

JPEGs are designed for photographs, like he said, but they basically antialias every single color several times, making the picture blurry, and unusable. It’s unusable, because not only is the sprite’s appearace ruined, but the white color (transparent) is also antialiased, so you can no longer use it in games/comics.

Timmeh said it better, but NEVER use Jpeg for sprites.

I fell asleep, so I didn’t post it yesterday <_<

Anyway, as I hope you understand, this is a really rough sketch meant to demonstrate that the head should be smaller, and that the legs and arms should be the same size. I also tried to do a pose sort of like what I thought you wanted… so you could see that. By NO means should you use that as your lineart, just… as a really bad example =P

ok…i flipped it…it looks odd now. but yes. im working on running poses.its hard.