GL's Image Thread

I have glasses. Do I need another pair?

It’s just that I have’nt made sprites or backgrounds for TV resolution in years.

Since I’m using the iBooks screen instead of an external monitor, I’m stuck with 14" (a flat monitor is bigger than a CRT) and 1024x768.
I’m just to lazy to plug in my regular monitor, s? yeah I think you’re right about the monitor size Gold Leader.

lol. well i have a G4 EMac running at 1.42 ghz dual core. talk about fast.hehe i books are good tho.

I’m planning to switch to the new MacBook 1.83Ghz Dualcore.
The problem is that I need a computer tat I can have with me wherever I go. The Powerbooks (except the 12") and the MacBook are too big and clumpsy.

Btw, how much memory do you have?

DONT DO IT!!!IT WILL STOP ALL OF YOU OLD PROGRAM AND SHIT TO STOP WORKING< MAKEING YOU HAVE TO BUY ALL THE NEW STUFF

Waist of money, trust me i’ve done research…

And 1 gig mem

No, almost all software for OSX will work on the Intel-based Macs thanks to Rosetta.

C’mon guys, stay on topic.
BTW, the arms are being a pain, especially the arm on the other side when the pistol is raised. I might not finish it today so I won’t be posting it until I am.

mac sucks…STAY ON TOPIC

Good sprites, Gold Leader - I like 'em. You’ve taken a good first few steps on the road to becoming a spriter.

Lol, nice pic, Jetman, and thanks for the comments.
Whew, had alot of stuff to do today, plus this sprite is giving me headaches :frowning: The gif format really did a number on this one, It’s so messed up… But anyway, I decided to scrap the pistol for now (just because it’ll be easier with the other arm already in place) And yes, occasionally the last line of pixels on the foot gets cut off and that’s because I’m too lazy to fix the default image size right now. I’m kinda scared of what you guys will say since you’ve been waiting for so long… hides behind desk chair

ummm…is he pregnant?

edit:
Why wont u post your 3d models?

Yeah, thought my first reply would be like that :frowning:
The armor on the dead trooper’s sprite was just as thick. Also, it lacked the room to have an effective (mind you, real) looking groin area. That meant that there is actually no place for the legs to go in, but they are easily masked by the arms (doubly so when its holding a gun). The “pregnant” look is the look of the chest abruptly stopping short of the legs.
To make a long story short, it looks that way because of the original and the size comparison to SM’s Samus, actually.

I’ve decided to make more with my Samus sprite since it is completely mine and it looks so damn good :stuck_out_tongue: So, I quickly cooked up a Gravity Suit sprite. Personally, I think it looks better… >_> Rate and review!

Edit: 3D models, eh? To tell you the truth, I haven’t really gotten that down, ESPECIALLY textures. I do, however have a sweet looking (but completely white…) tank from Warhammer 40K. Unfortunately, I can’t show it right now because A: family site is screwed up and B: ImageShack is ironically not responding…

Edit: Wow, again? Yes. I forgot about this one. It’s a badge for P2D made out of an edited Samus Sprite from SM’s ending. How’s it look everybody?

Edit: Damn, am I on a roll or what? It’s getting late so this will be my last update for today (finally). This time I bear an updated Varia/Samus Front View, which brings it up to about ver 5. I darkened the shading and added a third shade to the arms making them look alot better. I guess I can finally say it’s done, but still, I’m a democratic guy. It’s on the initial post now. RATE AND REVIEW!
(BTW, it’s obvious now that I’m going to go suit crazy, but who cares? Expect a beta of the Phazon Suit tomorrow!)

I like the GF trooper - it’s coming along good! The thing to remember is that it’s not finished yet. Once it’s refined it will look even better.

Heheheh… glad you liked the “stay on topic” image. To any of you who want to use it: you can use it however you want, I don’t mind.

on the GF trooper, just use the erase and just knock of the to thick part…just a suggestion.

Sorry, everybody, but ImageShack won’t let me host the improved trooper. I can get to the page that shows the pics and the links but I can’t add to them. It was like this last night :confused:
Anyway, I took off one of the lines at the “pregnant” belly and it does look better. Porblem is, it still looks a little pregnant. BUT, I can’t take off any more lines because he does have fat bulky armor on…

BTW, any reviews on my Gravity Suit?

ya image shake has been givin me the same problem, the GS looks pretty acuate. but i dont think it will be usable as a sprite, no offense but its bloody huge, unless u shrink the size…but anyways looks good.

I know it’s big, but it’s really meant for show… However… I have been toying with the idea of a “Life-Sized Samus” sprite sheet. It would look pretty awsome on a fullscreen Metroid game…

Well, I promised you a suit, and I deliver:

It has a small, one-lined outline of gray to make it look like it has the field (looks better on a blue or red background). And lone behold, the less-pregnant GF Trooper!
Image Shack is kind of awake, but it still is lagging big time, so there’s no telling when it might collapse again.

Screw accuracy, if it looks like shit no one will like it. Just fix his pregnant look.

The gravity suit looks a lot better, but the legs still seem disproportionate.

E: Er… Same time post. Never mind. <_<

Daz, how can it be disproportionate when Samus already is disproportionate? Her waist is way too thin to accomodate such a large chest and wide spread-out arms. Besides, nothing’s perfect…

Edit: Yeah, Bosk, it actually looks pretty damn good when you shrink it, too…

true…well nothins perfect but the gf troops still got a slight Pregnant look, but i guess thats the best you can do…i’m workin on a DS sprite…

Ok, I have 3 sprites with a pistol and one with a rifle. Except for the running left (like the one I just posted) and running left with a pistiol the pregnant look is abolished: the guns are covering up the wierd look rather nicely.

Edit: Dark Samus, eh? Is it like mine size wise or is it a SM, ZM, or Fusion sized one?

Also, I need help from you guys. Can anyone find, or does anyone have, a picture of Prime’s Power Suit?