can i help in any way?

They’re already done.

Darkhunter: They’re scythes, and the ones on the frigate don’t have them.

They could use some work, though, IIRC.

Can you tell me something i could do because i looked at the to do list and i’m not sure if it has just been done or taken.

Hey. Can someone put up a link to a how to guide to spriting? I really want to try to help, and it seems quite easy. What program do you use, by the way, to animate it? Is it just an animated gif?

They get animated ingame. Just make them in Paint. >_> But if you don’t even know how to sprite, don’t start off trying to make things for our game. This is high-quality stuff. Practice up first, make a sprite thread, get better, THEN try.

Ok i thought of something to do and be back to show soon

guilty giggle

Ok, I’m back and have been reading that last few posts and I was thinking…
Can I play around a little with Dark Hunter’s energy refill sprite? I got a couple good ideas for it… 8)

I don’t think he’ll appreciate that. @_@

You could give him the ideas though. =P

Oh fine… VIA PM! If he says I should…

Why don’t you just say the ideas… :neutral_face:

What’s your point, trying to show that you can think of ideas? If you state them, you can show that.

Or are you trying to help P2D? If so, saying your ideas will help.

If you’re trying to promote your skillz, then just ask him. If he won’t let you, just know that he beat you to it, and then suck it up. Though, I can’t think of any reason why he wouldn’t let you… but you should still ask first.

I can’t think of any reason why you wouldn’t TELL us your ideas though… being secretive about improving a team project isn’t very nice…

I would kinda rather you just give me your ideas and i’ll see if I can use them, but I
dont think i’ll be doing much else with them unless they absolutly need it. I was
thinking about making them spin differently, but 'im not sure yet, they look pretty good
the way they are.

Sorry, I wasnt specific enough, I ment the beam troopers (wave trooper, ice trooper,
power trooper, plasma trooper) last I saw them, they didnt have the frames for
their scythe attack, are they done? But then again, you’ve probably been only working on stuff for the frigate. And just one more tiny question, Why did you redo all your pirate sprites anyway? What was wrong with the old ones? (oops, two questions)

They don’t have any animations at all. They just got redone from scratch.

As for why…

A) Slightly inaccurate
B) Too small compared to Samus
C) Hard to sheet due to inconsistencies with colors
and most importantly…

D) I lost the part sheets, so I was unable to finish sheeting some of them.

And of course E) I’m a perfectionist asshole. :smiley:

Ok… I would’ve been able to say them, BUT I can’t reaaally explain them, so… I can only show…
sorry!

Try.

What do they relate to? Color, shape, style, accuracy, size?
What are you going to do to it?
Any action on Earth can be described in words.

About the sprite: In the game, the energy pickups aren’t round, are they? They’re faceted, I thought… if you change it any further, you might want to add that, as well.

I remember you made one, then started from scratch on all your pirates.
Then you made the newer beam troopers, so now youve redone them from scratch again?
Sheesh, you ARE a perfectionist. Oh, and no need for vulgar language. :smiley:

Timaster- I could make them absolutly exact to the game, but come on, its an
energy refill sprite! I dont see why its such a big deal, it looks good the way it is.

Coolman75- I guess i’ll let you experiment with my sprite since you’ll hurt yourself
if I make you try to explain your ideas, we wouldn’t want that would we?Or would we? :stuck_out_tongue:
Just make sure you actually improve them and not make them worse, if I dont like them
after youve changed them, I wont give you credit for helping with the sheet.
I can animate them later, so dont bother.

I know we dont have to animate them, but I personally have fun animating things, and
I like to see my work in action before I say it’s good.

It’s not a big deal, but I figured it you’re remaking them, you might as well add that :wink:

Make it exact. That’s how this game works. >_>

Well, w/e.
I was wondering what I should work on next. I was thinking of doing the missile refill,
or expansion or w/e. Daz, I think you said you where donig the missile, did you mean
the one samus shoots, or the expansion or what? Also, is anyone doing sound effect?
If so, are they makib=ng the sounds or ripping them from the game?

The one she shoots.

Also, I noticed something again in MP2 today. Again, I dunno if it’s like that in 1 too, but the model is similar enough it might be. There seems to be a darker shaded band around the center of the ball, with the white orb in the center of it…