*** Artifacts of the Month ***

Ooh, improvement. Not bad so far. :smiley:

Actually, I believe you can request 3D models from MP by PMing DarkHunter16 (see this topic), but that was a long time ago. If we could get a model-requesting system worked up, though, that’d be something neat to add to the first post.

Speaking of the first post, I have some ideas for next month. Firstly, it should have the maps of the world in them. That’s important for seeing the directions the rooms go in and how they’re connected, which could have an effect on some Artifacts.

Also, I’m going to try to split up the Artifacts into categories each month, depending on which ones pop up. That’s assuming I still have them selected randomly, of course. I might try out a monthly theme, in which all the Artifacts are from one area or something. Suggestions would be appreciated.

I’ll definitely be reorganizing the master list of Artifacts. Some Artifacts should be combined together (like as we already found, runic symbols were separate from runic symbol gates for some reason), while others need to be split apart. Tilesets in particular shouldn’t be one Artifact each, since I left them to include more than just tiles. As long as it’s split into general categories like “flora”, “snow tiles”, “misc. lab details”, etc., style clashes shouldn’t be an issue. The same person might end up doing them all anyway.

Looking at how things have gone, maybe 6-8 Artifacts a month would be better for now. We can bring it up when we have more people to participate. We haven’t even made an attempt to recruit people yet, but two non-team members are participating already, which is cool.

Speaking of that, we don’t really have any written standards for becoming a team member… So I think having one Artifact accepted by the team and then claiming another would be a fair requirement for joining through this topic. Sound good? Either way, looks like we’ll be gaining two new members soon. :smiley:

Sorry for the random giant post.