Super Metroid Prime/Prime 2D 2.0

i have faith in troid

Don’t worry daz, I’m in it with yah, and tbh, I loved scanning, but we can do without. We just need to find other, more integrated and subtle ways to explain stuff.

Why? Perhaps I’m misremembering, but I seem to recall even he doesn’t have entire faith in himself–he kept saying “maybe” and “if [he] finishes” and such.

Give me a few months.

I have various screenshots and demos I’ve made in the past, but I want to pull it all together to make it usable.

I say “maybe” and “if” because when the wall of school hits, Troid92 will be knocked unconscious for nine months while the real me goes crazy trying to cite sources on the road and scribble in answers while the trumpets have the melody and whatever else it is my school fills my little spare time with. Last year I did not see this coming and I still can’t believe it.

I guarantee you that I will not stop working on my engine until it is finished. If I fail to pull it together this summer, it will be next summer. The “maybe” and “if” is about the deadline, not the completion.

But give me a few months. I’ll try my hardest to pull something together.

Just please don’t sit around and do nothing for a few months while you wait, since when school hits, even if I’m this close, a tsunami will probably crash down and drag me into a black hole. I really would not mind if you started Super Metroid Prime.

like i said
i have faith in troid :3

It’s never a good idea to put all your faith in one person. Look at the CFX guy and his God-Beast MetEngine. It’s said to have cured blind people and even brought the dead bck to life. This engine was mentioned years and years ago back in the day SCU was alive and well, and still to this very day I doubt anybody has even seen it.

I’ve never seen somebody put all of their hope in one “GodEngine” and actually have it pay off in the end. Troid might end up making something good (who knows, maybe CFX will pop out of a random bush with an engine with everything he promised) but I’d still have some sort of backup plan. Daz’s SMP2DRH (Super Prime 2D Rom Hack) could work if a lot of features were ditched, but the main problem I see might be the assemly programming and the fact that the resources gathered would all need to be reworked or made from scratch again. I suppose in some cases sacrifices must be made… one thing still bothers me though, what ever happened to the Community GM Engine we had going?

People stopped working on it.

i didnt say that, i just said that i have faith in troid
not all of my faith, but i would be very shocked if he didnt finish it at all

So…

Anyone actually have the ROM/editing tools yet?

yes, yes i do xD

I’ve had it for about three years, in fact =D

I don’t know why, but for some reason, when Daz told us off for doing nothing, I imagined a 30 year old man in his moms basement on the computer, crying, because nobody likes his ideas.

Random, but nessecary.

I will work on either engine. Music is music. SMILE would be easier, as I don’t need as much work, but something that supports MP3’s, expect a MONTH to go by for ONE TRACK, assuming you guys want freaking quality. Well, this is said, and done.

Troid, I love you, your freaking Jesus on stilts. Get that shit DONE!!!

Could the tilesets be posted for people to use?

Yes, progress.

QFT

Idk…I have no idea about this stuff. Well…if there’s nothing better we can do, lets do it.

I’m for it. I’d rather have a this then waiting another 10 years for the other version. I hope this one helps more. I’d love to help, but I tried using SMILE and I got lost in about 10 minutes. also you need to know how to hex edit which I don’t know how.

Now that I’m done telling the story of my life, I wish you good luck!

Shut up.

Just decide what you’re going do so that I can pretend to be helpful.

:O_O:

Talk about coming from the dead. Man, what’s the last time you were around?

Me, or the other guy? 'Cause I only disappeared for a month this time. That’s next to nothing compared to the year or so I was gone before that.

Must have missed you the last time you were on then, cuz it seems to have been a while…

Anywho, This doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.