Paintball

Yeah, and running around with toy guns shooting paint at each other isn’t nerdy at all. <_<

I do believe Tim owned us…Yeah, I’m big on Airsoft, not Paintball. Just a wee too expensive, so Airsoft was a nice alternative. Not any of the gear is required either. My friends and I just wear loose clothing. You can still feel the shot, it’s just not painful. And considering I’ve got the most powerful Airsoft guns available without modification, that’s pretty good.

I tried Paintball out with a borrowed gun. It was fun, but it also required too much money. I played a couple times, but when it came to buying my own gun, it was just too much money. So instead, I chose the cheaper Airsoft guns.

You make me laugh Tim, a paintball gun is considerd as a ‘‘firearm’’ and should be treated like one, it is not a toy, even if it shoots paint, it still hurts, and can be dangerous. It says it on the gun, the box, the instructions, and even the guy I bought it from told me. And Honestly, how does participating in a sport make you a nerd? :confused:

Participating in a nerdy sport makes you a nerd.

And don’t make me laugh, compressed CO2 isn’t “fire”, and there’s no firearm to paintballing.
Yes, it’s dangerous, but I’d be far more impressed by your manliness if you were using AK-47s with rubber bullets and no armor on.

ouch. that would hurt.

Just like in football. Real men use a lead ball covered in venomous spikes, while naked. Football with leather balls and padded suits is for nerds.

Paintball is downright deadly when the guns used are chronoed at 0ver 300 FPS without a mask.

The thing about airsoft is that the guns are plastic(most of them). They don’t have the quality feel that paintball guns do.In paintball, you can hear and sometimes feel the paintballs wizzing over your head, while in airsoft, you can’t. That’s why I play paintball–you get more adrenaline in the first 10 seconds of that game than in the whole game of airsoft.

Paintball is expensive, but you are paying for a lot more than in airsoft. Instead of shooting litlle plastic bbs you are shooting high quality(unless its Brass Eagle :confused: ) paintballs, shooting metal paintball guns that are containing about 800 PSI of air or CO2 unless you have a regulator. The shots taken are a lot more consistant than airsoft. And BTW–you don’t need special clothing to play paintball. I play in BDUs(AKA US military camoflage) because it is tough, but most people play in just sweats or baggy clothing. Also, in paintball, the guns are all the same-- they all shoot the same velocity. Sure, the cheaper ones may have less kick, better accuracy, and faster firing rates, but that’s the same with airsoft. The problem with airsoft is that Unless you want to shell out more than $100 you have to get a spring gun to shoot 300 FPS. The only electrics that are under $100 shoot like 200 FPS, like mine :angry: . Spending that much pretty much defeats the purpose of playing airsoft.

Enough with the spam. I don’t want the only topic I go here for to get closed, like the last one.

Completely True, Maggy. But alas, my problem is my wallet. Otherwise I’d be right there with you paintballing. Definitely my sport of choice. But as I said before, Airsoft is cheaper, and thus is the best alternative.

Also, I want to point out that I have the most powerful airsoft gun to date, that shoots (upon purchasing) up to 350 FPS. Pretty damn fast for an airsoft. I actually have both versions of the gun, one with stock, one without. Both have speed loaders included, although the one with the stock does have a much larger capacity. (17 bbs to 250, actually). Both are shotgun style, but the one with the stock has more of a rifle feel to it. They kick pretty hard for an airsoft, but it’s nothing anyone who can lift more than 10 pounds can’t take. The weight is what really surprised me. 4.3 pounds for the A version (one with stock) and 3.6 (I think) for the B version (one w/out stock). Oh, and for any airsofters, it’s the Stinger S32. You can get version A with a handgun backup that shoots up to 275 FPS, or you can get version B with a handgun backup that shoots up to 225 FPS (I think…). But only version B comes with a holster. It fits the handgun, as it should, and has room for the speed loader required to load the B version of the Shotgun.

So:
Version A: With Stock, 250 bb clip, shoots up to 350 FPS, also includes strap for carrying on back; handgun included, as well as 500 bbs. The name of the Version A package is the “Stinger Air Defense Kit.”
Version B: W/out Stock, 17 bb clip, shoots up to 350 FPS; handgun included, as well as a holster, a speed loader for the shotgun, and 500 bbs. The name of Version B is the Stinger S.W.A.T. Kit.

I like both kits, and when combined, they are pretty sweet. I would say total cost for both kits is about $100 U.S., give or take depending on supply and demand as well as location. Version A costs about $60, while Version B costs about $40. I think. Prices may have changed since I bought them.

Troid is right Tim, making even deadly doesn’t make it any ‘‘manlier’’. If you’re just going to come in here and be an ass even though you don’t know what you’re talking about, you might as well not bother posting.

Hey, I was just pointing out that paintball players are nerds. Magmoormaster certainly is, and you certainly are, and you both happen to play paintball.

Though I disagree with Troid’s sarcasm: football isn’t a very manly sport either, compared to rugby.

Yes, I was joking too. But playing paintball doesn’t make you a nerd.

Um, I’m pretty sure that this airsoft gun shoots faster than 350 FPS.

Ok, sorry, I was unclear. I have the fastest shooting airsoft gun that isn’t in a sniper rifle style or format. I don’t usually count sniper rifle airsoft guns simply because the urban style games my friends and I play don’t use sniper rifles. We run around a lot, so a sniper rifle would be pretty useless.

…Ok. There are some powerful airsoft guns out there, not just sniper ones.

True, and if you give me proof that there are ones more powerful than 350 fps, then I’ll revise my statement. But I would also like to point out that at the time of purchase, crosman stated that the guns I currently own were the most powerful available for purchase (unless you include sniper rifles, of course).

Oh. Well, I don’t know how long ago you got it, but by now there are probablt more powerful ones out.

Well, I got it about a year ago, so there is most likely more powerful ones out. Now that I think about it, the gun probably wasn’t the strongest then because it had already been on the market for about a year…

Well, I have oficially decided that a Tippmann 98 with Stone Cold II barrel shooting RPS Big Ball is the best combo. Ever.

Yes, it is good.I kind of like electros though…

So, I played paintball today. I’ve decided that I don’t really like playing in the desert all that much unless its on one of my friends’ land. I was getting hit thru bushes when I was shooting thru the same spots and mine weren’t going thru at all! :imp:

You know, that’s kind of odd, cause I just went airsofting a couple days ago. Gotta say, it was fun, and I forgot how much a gun shooting at 350 fps can hurt…

0_0 was my expression every time I got shot…especially that one that gave me a nerve pinch…not as fun as it was, but hey, I didn’t get shot in the face. At all, and a lot of other people got shot 3 or 4 times there, so lucky me. But nevertheless, my welts are just starting to go down.