NVidia vs. ATI

In swedish Well, they basically writes that nVidia cards are better than ATI cards.

maybe for this generation of graphics cards, but in the next generation ATI will be leading I believe.
-Crossfire > SLI.
-GDDR5 (ATI’s next gen memory) > GDDR3 (NVidia’s current gen memory).
-ATI is more bang for your buck.

Ess, go nVidea, if only for first slice and linux compatibility.
My ATI card serves me well gaming (It’s an X1300 PRO, few generations old, but does bioshock on high, running vista), but rules linux out, it won’t detect my dual monitors.
Though nV are better at high-end

Okay. I’ll be looking for an Nvidia. Overall, just sounds better, and after a little research of my own, I can guarantee that I’ll go Nvidia.

Btw, don’t type with cold fingers. It hurts and is extremely hard to do. I could’ve done this post in about thirty seconds, and I think I’m up to two minutes because of typos and general typing speed…

I hate the cold.
Yes, go nV.

I swear the typing in the cold thing came up somewhere else on htis board…

Uh…looks around that was me too…the Pacific Northwest is really frickin’ cold this year, even in June…

EDIT: Yeah, the high where I live was about 60 degrees F.

Im in the rockies and it’s like 20 degrees C (i refuse to use youre worse system so don’t ask what 20 degrees is in F) but it can referse damn quick and i hate typing or gaming with cold fingers (try Wii-Fit while ur cold and i gearente that you will be angrier than trying to type >_>

20 degrees is 60 degrees.
Ignorance hardly makes your system look better >_>

0 is freezing, 100 is boiling.

I mean, Celsius makes a lot more sense, but there’s nothing wrong with Fahrenheit, apart from the fact that it’s silly that people use different ways to measure the same thing in this day and age.

Fahrenheit is an entirely arbitrary system, but otherwise works fine. Really, if we’re going to nitpick, Kelvin is even better than both, and used more often in science (Physics/chemistry, that is. Biologists don’t give a damn.)

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

sorry ^^;

btw it’s a song to all of those who haven’t heard it.

I would disagree, referring to the temperature as 22 degrees is easier than 293.15 degrees, eh?

So round it, just like you do with Celsius.

Ya, but 22 is still easier on the eyes and ears.
Better for serious work, not as good for general speech.

i know i’m going to sound like the hugest hypocrite ever but if you’re going to say something off-topic at least add something on-topic to your post… like

"NVIDIA ROCKS!!!

off-topic- I LIEK CELCIUS BECAUSE…"

u r duh hugest hypocyte evr lol.

Also, ATI

NVidia kicks Fahrenheit’s ass.

lawlz th3r3 r n0 4dm1n 4nym0r3!

wow this thread really went south…

if it continues on the path its taking i’ll have no choice but to lock it.

Why?
It is a natural progression of conversation, you would not go up to two people and say,

‘You are not talking about what you started taking about. This conversation is LOCKED’

:stuck_out_tongue:
@Cloud, nV roll that way.

Also, graphics cards